Friday, June 14, 2013

Going Down Down Down!

Hey friends!

Things are still going very well.  Have been enjoying my way of eating still...so so much.  I don't miss really anything from the way I used to eat before.  I do occasionally enjoy a treat and am keeping that to once a week or so, and when I say treat, it's not like I'm running to Dairy Queen...it's more like making some kind of paleo friendly sweetened with honey goodness.

In fact, I didn't even use sweetener in the ice cream I made last night.  I took frozen chopped bananas, and blended them with plain unsweetened cocoa and half a cup of almond milk.  Almond milk is not technically allowed on W30, but I don't mind a little here and there.  I've added in a little dairy too, some cheese every now and then, but only the kind I LOVE and only if I want it, which is pretty rare.

So here is where I am weight wise, this morning I weighed in at 190.8.  WOW!  I haven't weighed that in over a year.  This was post-run in the heat and humidity and it's my "week to lose" so we'll see how well that stays down.  My goal of 189 in May didn't happen, but I still lost around 5lbs in May so I'm ok with that.  For June I started at 192.8.  It's looking like 5lbs a month is doable for me.  Will take a little while doing it this way, but hey, it will stay off right?

Overall my results since December have been pretty staggering.  I've lost 35 lbs and a TON of inches, including a total of 9.5 inches off of JUST my WAIST!

Here's a series of updated, humiliating pictures:











Sure, I have a ways to go...some days feels like a long way.  But I am positive I will get there.  These pictures show what a long way clean eating and exercise can take you!

Now for a more flattering comparison picture:

The picture on the left was taken in March of 2010 at my heaviest.  I also look SO sickly.  I was 30.  The picture on the right was taken last month at a restaurant.  I look alive, healthy, and well.  I'm now 34.  What a difference a few years can make. I think I look MUCH older in the white shirt picture.

Want to see some food pictures?  I've had a few friends asking me what I eat exactly.  I follow the Whole 30 principles with just a few paleo like tweaks.  This means I eat protein, veggies and healthy fats at each meal.  Some fruit as well, but it's not the "star" of my plate.  I get enough at each meal that I don't need to snack hardly at all.

Chicken Alfredo served atop Zoodles (noodles made from fresh zucchini in my kitchen!).  The alfredo is made with canned coconut cream (full fat) and ghee.  Recipe is on my Pinterest board "Good Eats for Life" as a Seafood alfredo, I just used chicken instead.  Served with kale sauteed in and with bacon. I used to make a killer alfredo back in the "day" and this one really rivals it! So good!!!  (added a bit of parm too...that helps)

Typical breakfast for me.  2 eggs scrambled, half a haas avocado and snap peas steamed then covered in coconut oil and toasted almonds/toasted coconut.  SO good!  I crave this.  Veggies in the morning have made a HUGE difference for me - I lose more weight when I start my day off with veggies!

Cauliflower pizza crust didn't come out as well as I'd hoped as I didn't have wax paper BUT it was still pretty good.  Recipe also on my pinterest board - for the crust.  The sauce is easy, your favorite seasonings mixed with tomato paste.

One of my FAVE made up recipes!  A bag of dry broccoli slaw sauteed in coconut oil, add chopped chicken, diced pineapple, coconut aminos (a replacement for soy sauce), curry and chinese 5 spice.  SO good!  I also sprinkle toasted coconut and almond on this one as well.

Homemade chicken salad with my homemade paleo mayo (YES I can make my own mayo!) and dates.  I season it with curry and sea salt.  Wrapped in romaine. 

This is the Power Steak Bowl for breakfast at Panera! 2 Hard boiled eggs, steak, tomato and avocado. SO good!

My zoodles again...this time with homemade spaghetti sauce (1 lb of grass fed ground beef, seasonings, a can of tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.)

As you can see...I really like my new zoodles creation.  They are AMAZING and have brought pasta back into my life!  Here is where you can get the zoodler Amazing zoodle maker! - it does tons of other veggies too - I have some sweet potatoes to try this weekend!

So there you have it.  TONS of pics.  And hopefully some inspiration for your own food adventures.  Basically every meal for me has the same balance.  Protein, healthy fat, and lots of veggies.  I love everything I eat and am excited I'm also losing weight in the process!

Oh and before I forget, my husband has now become a runner!  This morning we ran 2.25 miles - he's actually got some speed to him! I'm struggling a bit with IT Band syndrome, but am planning new shoes and full use of my foam roller to treat it.  Wish me luck! His first race will be in a few weeks...then if all is going well, we will start training for the Savannah Rock and Roll Half Marathon in November!

That's enough excitement for me for now!  

Take care all!
Clara

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm going to have to try that chicken and slaw thing. That looks great!

ClaraB said...

it's so good! I wish I could give you measurements...I'm such a "little of this and that" cook! :) Enjoy!