Monday, October 1, 2012

The Stupid Cycle

Had a great catharsis this weekend about the whole healthy living journey and the struggle it can be.  It's called "The Stupid Cycle."  Ready to hear about it?

Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out --->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out---> Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out --->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out--->Eat bad --->Feel sick --->Not working out because you feel sick --->Feel intense guilt for poor food choices and not working out

And this sums up August 2011 - September 2012.  13 months of stupid cycle.

Some good stuff in there, I've achieved a few things for sure.  But man.  I could already be at my goal weight!

Now I don't want 384 comments here about how great I am, try to focus on what I have accomplished, etc. etc.

I know I have done awesome.  I know I have saved my life.  

But I also KNOW I can finish this journey.

If I can break the Stupid Cycle.

Who's with me?

Clara 

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm all too familiar with that cycle, Clara! I'm on board to change it with you. I just started following a nutritarian style of eating because I needed a fresh perspective on food. A fresh start. A boost. I'm three days in and am already feeling a difference. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep me in yours! Let's jump off the stupid-go-round together!

Miranda said...

You don't know me but Janet Scarborough and Sheila Lovvorn are my cousins and recommended your blog. I started my weight loss journey (for the thousandth time) Oct 2011 and lost 70 pounds and then in April 2012 I let myself go back to my old habits and have gained back 30 pounds. I totally relate to this post as today is DAY 1 of BEGINNING AGAIN! It is comforting to know that I am not the only one has struggled. It is so frustrating to know that I could already be done if I had stayed on track. I was so close- only 14 pounds away from goal weight and I blew it. Back to it starting today with a new found determination. With faith in God, all things are possible! You are an inspiration!