Saturday, July 23, 2011

2 Milestones Reached before 8am!

So I had to post today.  Just had to.  Reached 2 milestones this morning.

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting my new awesome friend, Jessica.  She just graduated the C25k and is running her first race tonight!  We live in different towns and through her mom we "met" on Facebook and follow each others' our blogs.  You can see her journey here:  http://thefosterfamily03.blogspot.com/. She posts some awesome recipes too.

Well she came to town and we finally met face to face - and talked until around 10pm.  I was intent on exercising when I got home - I had planned to do Tae Bo and needed the calorie burn to meet my deficit goal for the day.  I laced up my shoes and did my workout, finishing around 11pm.

Then this morning I went for a run at 5:30am.  Did I want to get out of bed?  No.  In fact, I thought the alarm had been set too early by mistake.  :)  No mistake...made myself get up.

Thinking of my new friend and her achievements just fuels me on even more.  I had planned to run with her this evening in the race, but we had our weekend plans change and instead are heading home to see family for a long weekend.  Because I knew we wouldn't get to run together I set a goal for myself this morning - to beat my 5k time in her honor.

And that I did.

I ran an average of 11:02 mins/mile for a total of 34:12 in my 5k time.  This is the fastest I've ever run one!  Very very exciting.  I have officially beat my original 5k time of 44:27 by over 10 minutes!

I guess you get faster when you get lighter, eh?  I ran that race last June weighing in at 243 pounds.

Which leads me to my next milestone.  I weighed in this morning a day early for the BL challenge on my SparkPeople team.

Ready?

189.4

I'm back in the 180s!  Holy Canoli!  Super duper exciting.

The last time I weighed in my 180s was in 2000 when I got married.

AND...I am just 4.4 pounds away from having lost 100 pounds!

I honestly cannot decide what I am more excited about!

That said, let me give you an update on my Body Bugg.  I love love love it.  It keeps me on track and I love how I can really see my results, both intake and output.  I'm being 100% on target with tracking my food.  I had gotten a little lax on that.  Nice to see the effort is already working.  My first Body Bugg weigh in is next Wednesday.

Dare I say I will reach 100 pounds lost in time for my journey's anniversary???  It's a stretch...I started mid-August of 2009.  I think I can...I think I can...

Off I go...will post later how its going!

And here's a shout out to the 180s - very nice to be back...It's been 11 years.  I don't plan on staying long, but you hold great things for me, including my 100 pounds lost goal, so I am REALLY glad to see you.  :)

~Clara

No comments: