Thursday, March 31, 2011

Silver Lining

Let's get straight to the month end recap, shall we?  

I finished the month at 197.4, so I lost a little under 3 pounds this month.  That's pretty slow weight loss for me, and at first I was a little disappointed it wasn't more.

And then I got to thinking...I turned 32 on March 1st and ran 4 miles that morning.  I would never have been able to do that the year I turned 30.

I fell the following week while running and twisted my bad ankle.  For 10 days no running and no Zumba.  Many calorie-burn opportunities lost.

I gave up chocolate for Lent.  This is huge for me.  It has been tough as my daily dose of dark chocolate keep me satisfied and cures my cravings for just about anything.  I have eaten some very strange things since giving up my favorite food.

I changed jobs!  Yesterday I left my last job and today I started my new job!  The pressure of training someone new and starting over again has been lingering all month.

There are reasons I should have, could have gained weight this month.  But I did not. 

Would I have been glad to lose more? Of course.  But remember I'm not on a crash diet here.  I'm just living my new healthy lifestyle and in "life" we have ups and downs and we have unexpected circumstances.

It is our decisions during these unexpected circumstances that can make or break our goals and plans.

I, of course, chose to make, not break.

So the silver lining?  I lost almost 3 more pounds for a total of 88 pounds down.  I am solidly in One-derland now.  I am back to running and full activity. 

And I'm gonna rock April to get myself back on track.

Silver's my new favorite color.

~Clara

1 comment:

myboysmomx2 said...

Three pounds is three pounds girl. You've got the right attitude and you're doing great. I'm glad you're able to run again. I know you love it. Have an AWESOME April!