Friday, June 11, 2010

Tomorrow is a First...

Hey all!

A quick post to say a few things.  Tomorrow (Saturday) I run my first 5k race!!!  I'm so super excited about it.  I have two main goals:

1) run the entire time
2) *my stretch goal* finish in under 40 minutes

I've run the entire 3.1 miles several times so I know I *can* do it.  I usually average a 14 minute mile so I'll be looking for some extra adrenaline to get me through it in less than the 40 mins!  I will be happy with anything under 42, though, really.  But what fun is a goal that isn't a   s-t-r-e-t-c-h??? 

I'm so excited!  Unfortunately I was hit with a migraine literally out of nowhere last night, and I'm hoping it passes by the morning.  I've been migraine-free since I started being healthier in August of last year.  I think it was triggered by aspartame or some other sweetner that I OD'd on last night.  Not going to do that again!

Had a WONDERFUL surprise last night...my oldest brother flew in from Colorado to cheer me on in my first race tomorrow!  I'm so excited and thrilled at the show of support!  In fact, I really feel honored that he came to support me.  WOW!

I will be sure to post pictures and the like tomorrow after my race.  Looking forward to a FIRST I never thought I would attempt!

~Clara

No comments: