Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 35 Checkin

Happy Day 35 all!

So I heard some good news today - I belong to a group on Spark People called "The Weight is Over."  This group is like a social networking group and we periodically participate in challenges, etc. for weight loss, exercise and the like.  I was involved on the Blue team for the Biggest Loser Challenge for the month of November.  A difficult month given the holiday...but not only did my team win, I won with the highest percentage of weight lost for the month!  I AM THE BIGGEST LOSER!  

I'm pretty proud of that.  Not because it was a ton of weight (4.2 pounds) but I can only imagine I would have gained at least that 2 Thanksgivings ago.  So losing anything in November or December is really a win.  That's what is so great about this challenge I've given myself. Will I meet the goal and be down another 10 this month?  I don't know.  What I do know is that if I'm down another 4 I'll be right skippy happy.  Seriously.  Because continuing to move in the downward direction is what its all about. 

I'm living proof that setting goals works.  That no matter how busy you are, you can find time to make your health a priority.  I look at it almost like on an airplane, when they tell you to put on your own oxygen mask before helping the person next to you.  You are no good to them if you die before you can help, then you both die.  So think of it like this - if you are too busy taking care of everyone else and then because you don't take care of yourself, then you die, what good are you to those you are taking care of?  They no longer have you.  And they will be pretty darn bummed about that I'm guessing.  Can't find it in you to do it for you?  Then do it for THEM.

So there's my rant for the day.  Going to bed to get a great night's sleep in before a busy and early day at work tomorrow - tackling file mountain.  I wonder how many calories you burn filing?  hmmm..

Here are my stats:

INPUT (food facts):
Calories: 1702
Carbs: 222
Fat: 68
Protein: 58

OUTPUT (exercise):
Rest Day!


Good night, from the November Biggest Loser on the Weight is Over team on SP!


~Clara

No comments: