Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 47 Checkin

Despite being sick, had a good and productive day today.  Its not a debilitating kind of sick.  Though if I stand still I get dizzy and extremely nauseous.  The cold is manageable but I'm really hoping I get my voice back for Sunday morning or I will have a disappointed congregation...again...I feel so bad about that!

Anywho, a few interesting realizations this week.

1) I fit in a booth at subway - with someone sitting next to me.  This might sound really silly to some of you but this is a big deal to me.  I realized it when having lunch on Wednesday with a few folks from work.  There were 4 of us and we picked a booth.  When I went to get my drink I had a twinge of worry...would it be comfortable or would I be completely squished?  I got to my seat, slid in easily and the person next to me slid in and we each had plenty of room.  That felt good.

2) Grease ain't all its cracked up to be.  Since changing what I eat almost completely in the last year and a half, there are certain foods my body just can't tolerate any longer.  Today I had onion rings (the choice was that or home fries).  I ate about half of them and just felt terribly nauseous.  Now to be fair, I am sick, but still...I am 99% sure the grease would affect me the same way even without the illness.  So really, I think it will continue to be rare that I eat like that again.  It's rare now which is why it ended up making me feel so ick.

3) I really like losing weight during the holidays.  Its like a big challenge and I know others think I'm just crazy for trying but that is what makes it fun.  But its working, so I am going to keep it up! I used to be a victim of "eating for the sake of eating."  Because its there.  That's how I ended up morbidly obese in the first place.  There are treats EVERYWHERE at work right now (can I get an Amen JB???) and it is tough to avoid them.  Unless you decide only to eat the things you *really* want and are looking forward to.  For example, red velvet cake doesn't do it for me.  Never has.  Chocolate cake without chocolate frosting is again, not something I gravitate toward.  Now if someone brings in a pumpkin cheesecake I'll happily run an extra 2 miles for that.  :)  Bottom line is to only eat what you really really like and want.  And when you want something, go ahead and have it, don't deny yourself (unless you feel like having a 400 calorie chocolate chip cookie every day, then maybe there should be some denial).  Self (Control) and Will (Power) continue to be my best buds right now.

In other related news, I've lost another 1.2 pounds for a total of 76.6 pounds down!  Woohoo!  I'm at 208.4 and pretty sure I won't hit 199 before the end of the year, but man, I'm so happy with where I am that any progress will be welcome! I seem to have hit a good losing streak and I plan to keep it up.  Even if I can just lose another 5 (which my big week to lose is coming up last week of the month) man that would be incredible!

Off now to enjoy the weekend with my parents.  I love having them here! 

Here are my stats:

INPUT (food facts):
Calories: 1747
Carbs: 193
Fat: 69
Protein: 87

OUTPUT (exercise):
Does shopping at Walmart for an hour and a half count?  Still resting until I'm well.

~Clara

No comments: