Sunday, September 16, 2012

Accountability is BACK! The last few days...

OK folks, I'm back in town.  It was a whirlwind weekend.  A memorial service for a dear friend's husband, time with people I have not seen in YEARS and lots of unscheduled meals. 

While you already read about Friday, oh, Friday, it was terrible. I had been so amazingly good all week I don't know if I just lost my ability to think clearly or what, but I really really did a face plant.  And paid for it physically.  Amazing how terrible food can make you feel literally sick.

Here is a quick summary:  chicken biscuit, half a sausage biscuit, 2 chocolate chip cookies, SW chicken salad (probably the best choice I made all day) cranberry muffin with buttercream frosting, McDonalds for dinner (if you can even call that food) and random candy throughout the day.  UGH.  I felt horrible. 

Saturday was all about cleaning that out:

Food (calories in):
Breakfast: small slice healthy homemade banana bread, 1 scrambled egg, 1 piece of bacon
Lunch: mediterranean wrap, steamed veggies (Jason's deli)
PM Snack: half a larabar, banana
Dinner: 6 oz steak, steamed broccoli and salad with no cheese and 1 tbsp dressing, 1 yeast roll
Dessert:  small slice healthy homemade banana bread

Exercise (calories out):
Nothing...we got into town at 1am and were exhausted.  I overslept and had to rush to get to the memorial service, etc.

Assessment:  WAY better than Friday but still not perfect.  Some of the banana bread was likely unnecessary.

Sunday was about continuing to teeter on the travel wagon but trying to be careful:

Food (calories in):
Breakfast: banana, banana bread
Lunch: family chose mexican - I ordered chicken fajitas with a side of sliced avocado.  Ate 2 fajitas (no cheese) then the rest of the chicken/avocado by itself.  NO CHIPS!
PM Snack: We split trail mix and dark chocolate mint M&Ms in the car.
Dinner: Thin crust pizza, 3 grilled hot wings

Exercise (calories out):
5k run

Assessment:  still not stellar on the food choices, but again, could be WAY worse as indicated by past behavior.

The next few days are going to be completely crazy.  I will need prayer to get through it!  Will do my best to blog and keep up.

Clara

No comments: