Saturday, September 8, 2012

Accountability Post Day 4 (just ONE of those days!)

Ever had just "one of those days?"  ugh did mine ever start off that way!

First, I decided to sleep in.  This should be a good thing.  It felt wonderful.  Sleeping until 8am is sleeping in for me.  I worked until a little after 10pm last night.  So sleeping in was wonderful.

That meant I didn't get up early enough to run.  My solution?  We would go to Dothan and I could run at the gym, then shower and get our day started in Dothan.  In the meantime, I worked on the budget (ugh), made the grocery list, and created the menu plan for the week.

Feeling good, I wondered, should I see what time the gym closes just in case?

Glad I called. They closed at noon.  I called at 11:30.  Oops.

So I got dressed in my workout clothes deciding I would do a punishing mid-day run in the direct sun.  It was 89 degrees out and very sunny.  I sprayed on my sunscreen, being sure not to miss any spots.

Then I walked outside.  And it started pouring.

REALLY????

I came in the house absolutely fuming.  I showered and resigned myself to the fact that I would not get to work out today for one reason or another.  This will be my second rest day in a row.  I NEVER do that.  And I don't "need" it so it feels like a waste.

I got out of the shower and looked outside to see the sun shining brilliantly again.

REALLY????

We headed to Dothan and had a nice lunch together, then did some shopping and came home.  Normally the above frustration would have been finely finished off with something unhealthy as I would be NOT in the mood to eat healthy. 

Here is how I ended up faring with my food choices today:

Food (calories in):

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, whole wheat english muffin and 1 oz pepperjack cheese
AM Snack: Greek yogurt
Lunch: 6oz sirloin steak, steamed broccoli, grilled vegetable skewer, 1 yeast roll
PM Snack: 1/2 oz cheese
Dinner: last of the Zucchini Lasagna
Dessert: Zucchini Brownies

Exercise (calories OUT):

Does donning and doffing my workout clothes multiple times count?  Fortunately I reached my burn goal for the day (2450) just by shopping, etc. but STILL.

So ready to run in the morning.

CONFESSION TIME:

This will include anything I ate that day that did not promote fat loss, but fat storage:
1 yeast roll at lunch - pretty proud it was only one, actually was more like 3/4 of one.
Zucchini brownies - these are very healthy (no flour, no added sugar) but still probably didn't need two. :)

Here's a link to the recipe for the brownies:

Awesome Paleo approved Zucchini Brownies!

Pretty proud of myself overall. While I'm not 100% in line, I'm once again resembling my old self.  I'm planning a 4 mile run in the morning, then an 8 mile run Monday morning. 

8 miles - EEK!

Holla!
Clara

No comments: