Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 7 Checkin

Wow, its Day 7 of 60 already!  Time is just a-flying by.  I have had a FANTASTIC day - my eating on target, my exercise on point, great morning at church (the preacher is totally hot but don't worry, I married him), just an overall awesome day.

But the one thing that pushed my GREAT day over the edge into "insanely great" was a certain phone call I got this afternoon.  My Mom and Dad called just to say hey and check in.  We had just talked a few days ago so at first of course I was concerned something had happened.  Once I could tell it was a "just because" call I relaxed.  Let me back up for a moment and explain that my parents have been incredibly supportive of me and my journey.  They have celebrated my successes and encouraged me in the low times.  We just had a visit a few weeks ago and they cheered me on in my 4th 5k race - that day Mom called me an athlete.  That was pretty cool.  But today was different. 

Out of nowhere Mom thanked me for being an inspiration to her and Dad and told me that I had "lit a fire under my Dad's tater (my word for butt in case you don't know)."  Pretty sure Dad put it otherwise (lol) but I'll stick with tater.  They have spent the last few days taking walks and eating healthier.  They are breaking their walks up into twice a day, short distances which is so smart. 

I cannot tell you how happy this makes me and I was moved almost to tears while we were talking.

The reason I blog is to inspire others - and hold myself accountable.  I get tons of inspiration from my own brain downloads here even.  But I get MOST inspired when I know I have helped someone else or been a positive healthy influence.  Because for many years, I was a bad influence. I was the friend you called when you wanted to pig out or supersize your combo with no judgment.  Today I'm not the "judgy" friend but I'm also not the one you call to wallow in pity and cheeseburgers.  I'm the one you call to go for a run, give you encouragement about the funk you might be in and share recipes with.  I love the new friend that I am.

So does this blog inspire you?  I'd love to hear from you if it does.  Is there anything else you would like me to talk about or focus on that might help you in your journey?  I want to be a part of something bigger than myself (in the literal and figurative sense) so tell me how I might help you.  Do we want a weekly healthy recipe?  More "in your head" stuff about how to love yourself enough to strive for better health?  Tell me, I'm listening and will consider all suggestions.

While you're thinking that over, here are my stats for the day:

Here are my stats:

INPUT (food facts):
Calories: 1460
Carbs: 186
Fat: 38
Protein: 89

OUTPUT (exercise):
Calories Burned: 606
Running: 1.87 miles, walked 1.93 miles (.73 in between runs in the morning, then a 1.2 mile walk in the evening with the family)
52 minutes total

OH - and before I forget, I will be weighing in on Day 9 - my Biggest Loser weigh in on Spark People is on Tuesdays and I want to stay on that track for the month - I hate recording my weight more than once a week it is confusing!  SO you will have to wait 2 more days for the "big" first weigh in but rest assured, my friends, it's gonna be great!

FINISH WELL!
~Clara

No comments: