Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 30 Checkin

That's it folks...we are officially halfway through this 60 day challenge!  I weighed in today at 210.8, so I'm down 4.2 since the start of this.  Not bad for 30 days...but I can do a little better.  I would love to be under 200 by 12/31, so that is what I'm aiming for.  We'll see if I can pull it off!  I realize how aggressive that is...and as you know from following me I'm not going to be crushed if I can't get there.

Can I just say "hello, I lost weight during Thanksgiving week - again!!!"  GO ME!

In the meantime I'm catching up on the Biggest Loser on hulu.com and getting in bed early as I have a very busy day at work tomorrow.  I love watching that show and being inspired - and excited that I probably wouldn't qualify to be on it anymore.  :)  That's pretty darn cool.  I watched it for the first time last year wishing I could be on there.  Now I am lighter than everyone at first, then they begin to catch up to me.  :) 

And the part that kind of chokes me up is that I am doing it without a show or a trainer.  Now I have certainly had support and help...but its me getting myself up in the morning.  That's pretty cool to realize.

I read a quote today that stuck with me - "don't treat your stomach like a garbage can."  Really made me think about the kind of food we put in our bodies.  That is part of why I don't drink sodas anymore - have you seen what happens to the engine of a car when coke is poured on it?  Why do my innards need that kind of cleanse?  Now I still have a diet coke once every 6 months or so - but I know really, its like putting trash in my body.  Now if I could channel that same resolve around marshmallows...lol.  Small changes, folks, small changes. 

So here are my stats for today:

INPUT (food facts):
Calories: 1711
Carbs: 203
Fat: 68
Protein: 72

OUTPUT (exercise):
420 Calories burned: Sprints & Speedwork for 42 minutes (almost 3 miles)

Finishing WELL!

~Clara

No comments: